Dear readers,
A few years ago, my school hosted an informational drug program that informed us about how popular drugs have become and how we shouldn't do it. The basics in thesaurus form. Our teacher went over several methods to respond with no at a party or a setting where the stereotypical teen roams when someone hands you a cigar or some sugary-looking white powder. One that stuck with me is the broken record(sounds like a dance move I would totally rock the dance floor with). It's, in simple terms, saying no until the person gets tired of you saying it. Like a new song that you admire and love and keep playing over and over until one day you're so sick of it, you'd probably cry if you had to listen to it again. Lately, my life can be related to this method. I literally wake up every day, drink coffee, read, clean, and sleep. I wish something would occur. Something can be anything. Something that makes me feel. Maybe I am the broken record. Maybe I keep rejecting. Maybe that's why there isn't any acceptance happening. My message to you today is: Stop rejecting what could be. Start accepting. (I'm looking at you, Ivy League!!)
With much love,
diarygirl
No comments:
Post a Comment