Sunday, July 10, 2022

I Agree With Elon

 Dear readers, 

I recently found my new favorite song, "Oh No!", by Marina. It's old, but nostalgia is always present during summer. I must note that this nostalgia isn't always good like it is in this case. One of my favorite lyrics in this song is, "If you are not very careful, your possessions will possess you." I didn't truly understand the meaning of this until a few days after I discovered the song, the meaning ringing in my ear as the days dragged on. The things around me-- my phone, laptop, bookshelf, and even my stash of things I don't want to throw out. They unconsciously have the power to uphold my negative opinions rather than empower my positive ones.  It's beyond me how we let inhumane and non-breathing objects control what we do. Elon Musk fears artificial intelligence abolishing democratic governing and the human way of life. I don't think for a second that the issue is artificial intelligence doing evil, it's how far we humans will go to hand A.I. the opportunity and ability to do so. So, my message to you today is to not become schizophrenic and hyperaware of your surroundings believing that they are out to rid you of any humane qualities but understand your limits and boundaries. If you aren't sure where to stop, next time, remember to draw the line before you start. 

With much love, 

diarygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are mean, you are meaningless

 Dear readers,  I just finished the movie Mean Girls  for god knows the number of times. Much to my surprise, I don't find Regina the me...