Dear readers,
I just finished "The Summer I Turned Pretty" series by Jenny Han and I couldn't help but feel incredibly impatient for my evolution into society's definition of "pretty". When is it my turn? When is it my turn to feel? That's a question for when I do. Turn pretty, I mean. I doubt that any of us has the ability to right away, without hesitation, improve into a breathtakingly beautiful person overnight or complete the full cycle of a butterfly in a minute or so. I mean, puberty is literally never in our favor. Majority of the people you meet like to tell you that you never need anything more than yourself to achieve what it is you want, but I think, in addition to that, you must have perks. You must have specialties. You can play the guitar, have glowing eyes and skin, be Kate Moss, etc. You have to have something part of you that makes you, you. But that something, specialty, perk, whatever it is, it doesn't have to be society's version of pretty. It can be society's version of weird but still make you an incredible amount of money. So, my message for you today is: Morph into weird if that's what makes you feel pretty and then fly away to Paris.
With much love,
diarygirl
No comments:
Post a Comment