Dear readers,
I just finished the movie Mean Girls for god knows the number of times. Much to my surprise, I don't find Regina the meanest person on earth. I wouldn't have believed you if you had told me that a year ago. I would have brought you to court and dragged your bottom so far that you'd have a $400 fine waiting for you on the other side of jail for wasting the jury's time. Regina is becoming more and more associated with cancel culture and toxic feminism to me.
In one of the scenes, the rumored drug-associated calculus teacher makes an extremely Oprah-Winfrey-dedicated point. She tells the girls to raise their hands if someone had talked bad about them. Obviously, they all raised their hand, and I am pretty sure I would have raised mine too. But, then, she asked if you'd ever spoken badly about somebody else. And I had never really thought about Karma in this sense before. Yes, I've said some pretty genuinely nasty stuff about people, and I feel bad for it for a few minutes. I then go back to living my life and crying about the pettiest inconveniences. Anyways, all the girls raised their hands. The calculus teacher calls this a 'girl-on-girl' crime. She also says that the reason guys have the audacity to call us whores and sluts is because we call each other those terms. I have never experienced a more orgasmic revelation in my life. Will never forget this, and neither should you.
Remember to be kind to those who are unkind, because they probably need it the most.
Wish me the heavenly impossible,
diarygirl
hi diarygirldilemmas, I don't know if you still even remember this account but I miss youu! I found this page some years ago on pinterest and ur the reason I started blogspot <3 I loved reading your posts and still find my way back here from time to time to see if you've returned. I wish you the best where ever you are, thx for making my internet experience sm cooler! xoxo
ReplyDelete