Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Being Human Sucks

Dear reader, 

Major mind blank today. I feel like that happens anytime but once in a full moon. My mind goes blank almost every hour of the day. And why does that happen? Do you ever walk into a pantry or your room to get something and remember it until you open the door to the room that holds the thing you're looking for and forget exactly what you're looking for? It's not like we have amnesia or something-- we just have no idea what we want and what we need from our time on earth. It's like we know exactly what causes us to want to do something like becoming a doctor or engineer-- but then realize that we have not one clue how to start. I watched a Ted Talk the other day demonstrating how to cope with one's anxiety in public speaking class (sounds lame but I totally recommend watching some that correlate to you!), and one excerpt, in particular, sparked something in me and has changed the way I procrastinate. (because there's no way a Ted Talk could eliminate my habit of procrastination) She said it's easier to do something badly first and learn rather than the waste time that could have been used to finish this "thing" thinking about how to do it. It's quite amazing to me how much time I waste every day doing just that-- thinking about what I should be doing rather than just doing it badly the first time. I am so afraid to make mistakes that I forget that that's what humans do. We are a bunch of screw-ups waddling around like lost penguins to work or school and that's okay. Because we are human. We have emotions that make us weak. Bones that are not always efficient. Muscles that are sometimes non-existent. But we are HUMAN. And that's what makes us who we are. So, if no one told you this today: I am proud of you for doing whatever it is you have done today, even if that's nothing. Have a wonderful day!!!

With much love, 

diarygirl

(P.S. THE TED TALK LINK ---> https://www.ted.com/talks/olivia_remes_how_to_cope_with_anxiety?language=en) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are mean, you are meaningless

 Dear readers,  I just finished the movie Mean Girls  for god knows the number of times. Much to my surprise, I don't find Regina the me...